You can follow Fabulous Lorraine and her Fiends as they enter 2009 in their many time zones!: http://lorraineamalena.blogspot.com.
Well, Happy New Year wherever you are; let's hope 2009 brings as many wonderful books as this year has.
I love many books of many genres but most of the books I read this year, and that actually came out this year, were in the Young Adult category.
My Top Nine (could not pick ten; most of the books I read this year were from previous years!) YA Books I Really Liked of 2008:
10. ... Maybe I will think of something later!
9. Huge by Sasha Paley
8. The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling (kind of a kids' book, but Harry lovers of all ages will like this one)
7. Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Supplee
6. Almost Alice by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
5. The Mystery of the Third Lucretia by Susan Runholt
4. The Death of Jayson Porter by Jaime Addoff
3. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
2. The Game of My Life by Jason McElwain
1. Climbing the Stairs by Padma Venkatraman
I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. I believe in confidence and determination all year round, but not in New Year's Resolutions.
May this year make for happiness, plus happy reading, for all of you.