Friday, May 23, 2008

Pizza Tonight

It's up in the seventies today, and is due to be eighty on Monday. I always kind of look forward to the hot weather in late May or early June, since it means the cold weather is probably leaving for the rest of the season.

Today is also my grandmother's birthday, which is exciting because The Doctors had told us she Wasn't Going to Make It. And now there is no trace of the illness left. We are very happy that she is here and she's coming from Massachusetts to have a pizza dinner with us tonight ....

I'm spending time at the library before she arrives, and think I will take a walk in the lovely green village.

~Emily

5 comments:

Yoga Gal said...

I love pizza night! I make my own pizza every week! It's easy. Hope you enjoyed your pizza! What are your favorite toppings?

EmilyLady said...

My grandparents brought pizza from Bertucci's in Massachusetts, which I'd heard was amazing (it was) but had never eaten. They brought a pizza with broccoli and carmelized onions, as well as one with peppers, and another with mushrooms. (My two youngest brothers had olives from a local place that isn't as good as Berutcci's. They are a bit picky about pizza topings.)

Favorite toppings? Carmelized onions. Definitely. But I also love mushrooms and peppers. So my grandparents were spot-on with the choices of toppings ....

What toppings do you like, if I may ask?

~Emily

Yoga Gal said...

Pizza is a wonderful food, you can put also anything on it and it taste like heaven! Once I made a dessert pizza, my homemade pizza dough with choc.chips, marshmallows and nuts, it was a big hit! I just love making homemake pizza. Last week I made one, I roasted peppers and put cheese, tomatoes and cheese on it and it was yummy. Thing of being a great cook, play with your food.

EmilyLady said...

We have a pizza maker that works wonderfully. I do not, on the other hand, actually enjoy cooking. My thirteen-year-old brother does (he made some sort of Italian white sauce this morning), but I find it enormously dull. I have a feeling that when I'm living alone and with the knowledge that I need to do my own cooking and laundry and all that, I won't find it so tedious. Right now I just know that I have other things I must do. Well, other things I would like to do.

I can't imagine chocolate and marshmallows being good on a pizza. And nuts I simply can't believe. But I'll take your word for it ...

~Emily

Yoga Gal said...

The dessert pizza was like a giant warm choc. chip cookie! it was real tasty.