Friday, June 20, 2008

Old Things and Jitterbugs

Seventy-eight degrees today; utterly and gloriously perfect weather.

I'm helping out with a tour of antiques today -- furniture, paintings, and toys. I have a great fondness for very old dolls and books and treasure my German copy of a compilation of Hans Christian Andersens' fairy tales. It has the sweet old-book smell and I have found dry flower petals pressed in between the leaves.

Fortunately, much of the tour takes place outside.

Tomorrow two of my younger brothers (Jack and William) perform in their Wizard of Oz play. I am extremely excited to see nearly-seven-year-old William as a Tough Guy Munchkin (of the Lollipop Guild), Poppy, Winkie, and Twister. I really am. And ten-year-old Jack shall play Uncle Henry. Jack also has to be a Jitterbug (?) and claims to hate the costume with a passion. This makes me curious and very interested to see it.

I hope the weather is every bit as lovely in your area, but I hear it's dreadfully hot in Los Angeles. (Keep cool, Yoga Gal.)

~Emily

2 comments:

H. Blais said...

Just found your blog. Wondering if you have read Lemonade Mouth by Mark Peter Hughes? From the small bit of time I spent reading your blog, I thought you might like this book...

EmilyLady said...

Hello, Mrs. Blais. I don't think I've ever heard of Lemonade Mouth, but I'll be sure to look it up in the library catalog. (I see you're a librarian in Rhode Island!)

Thanks for the recommendation and for reading my blog!

~Emily