Wednesday, July 9, 2008

In Rememberance of Zachary Taylor, 1784-1850

Today we mourn the twelfth president of the United States of America, General Zachary Taylor.

Well, we don't really mourn him; we remember him. He was not the most kindred spirit. In fact, I feel inclined to confess that we includes primarily me and my brother Benjamin. We remember Zachary Taylor because he is a distant cousin of ours. We also remember Franklin Delano Roosevelt on the anniversary of his death but we actually mourn him. (He also is our cousin, via one of the Mayflower families.)

Well, keep General Taylor in your thoughts. He died of poisonous cherries and iced milk. I wonder what iced milk tastes like?

(The truth is that I actually hate milk on its own and I doubt that this iced milk would appeal to me.)

~Emily

No comments: